Skills: Maintenance Manager, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an opportunity for Services Lead (Fabric Maintenance), an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
The Services Lead has the overall responsibility for managing all Fabric maintenance materials and equipment, including scaffolding and painting in line with construction and inspection procedures, to comply with relevant current legislation and Company process.
The overall responsibility for the Services Lead is to execute all activities in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with applicable safety instructions and other Company procedures taking responsibility for both own and colleagues' safety.
- Plan and schedule long-term maintenance for all Fabric maintenance plant and equipment including scaffolding and painting and determined by the strategies set in the Rejuvenation Contract to ensure the equipment is identified, requested, managed efficiently
- In country Focal point for all scaffolding engineering/design drawings coordination between Brunei and the workshare office carrying out the scaffolding Engineering/design calculations, where identified required for the rejuvenation project.
- Lead in Track & Trace all fabric maintenance implementation offshore, and then management of this process once embedded.
- Manage identification of all fabric maintenance purchase and or rental, the most cost efficient method to procure this and effective of hire for any hired equipment.
- Ongoing monitoring of any fabric maintenance plant reliability and development of improvement strategies.
- Track the records, licenses, inspections, warrantees, and service agreements for the organization's fabric maintenance equipment and tools. Minimizes organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
- Tracks all fabric maintenance equipment quality throughout the product lifetime and makes recommendations for alternatives if needed.
- Conduct assessment & inspection on customer owned equipment to determine viability to repair or scrap and recommend appropriate repair action
- Guide and advise the fabric maintenance offshore team/ and the on site supervision for all fabric maintenance support requirements.
- Offshore trips and visits will be required, must have offshore certification and medical to support accordingly.
- Provide checks and records, ensuring safe working conditions and permit procedures, protective equipment, experienced / qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Responsible for the operational management of the Scaffolding and painting fabric maintenance Services contract including cost estimate and invoice checking.
- Assist with all project CTR/Estimate process for fabric maintenance P&E services procurement
- Assist the individual Wood project teams with input to all scaffolding/ painting estimates/manhours at the Feed, engineering design or constructabillity stages of the project as required.
- Coordinate and assist the offshore team with general discipline site activities for scaffolders and painters.
- Focus on delivery, value for money and value creation activities
- Develop maintenance procedures for each fabric maintenance plant and equipment and ensure feld compliance to these procedures offshore during execution as well as onshore during storage
Skills / Qualifications
Preference will be given to Bruneian citizens or Brunei permanent residents
- A recognized degree or equivalent experience or qualification in a relevant branch of engineering or appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- Although degree preferred, a candidate with suitable experience in a similar role will be considered.
- Offshore certification and medical is required.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- The preferred candidate has a technical education and minimum 10 years experience as Services Lead in the Oil and Gas industry.
- The preferred candidate has a distinct leader profile encouraging team work both horizontally & vertically and he/she is at ease in a dynamic and challenging environment with shifting priorities and varying project volumes.
- Knowledge of contract management, including subcontractors
- Experience in scheduling and planning fabric maintenance activities for large equipment, portable tools and equipment.
- Ensures consistent alignment to company values and behaviours
- Proficiency English verbally and in writing is a pre-requisite
- Results Driven Self-starter: Takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, takes accountability for one's work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered
- Able and willing to roll up one's sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what the person has done before
- Inquisitive nature, looks for new ways of working to maximize results
- Customer Service Orientation: Has a service orientation to internal clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations
- A collaborative nature
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.