Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Operator has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform a variety of Wireline services. The expectation at this level is to perform tasks without direct supervision and without the assistance of others. Duties and responsibilities include driving, servicing and maintaining tools and equipment, and assisting the Field Engineer / Specialist with well site operations.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on tasks covering services in Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, they should be contributing towards improvement of safe work practices, service quality and efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
- Utilize Wireline documentation, databases and other online training systems.
- Prepare and supervise lower seniority operators on the preparation of tools and equipment, and complete paperwork requirements.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which may include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Perform and supervise junior operators on tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which include planning and preparation, load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and basic maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to perform and mentor wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some of the technology groups into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains.
- Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension.
- Drive and mentor junior operators on driving Weatherford vehicles as required to perform the job.
- Maintain and supervised the maintenance of equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
- Maintain up-to-date practices and promptly report issues, hazards and best practices to the supervisor.
- Know and fully understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Minimum 4-5+ years related experience, 2-4 years of Wireline experience preferred
- High School diploma, skilled labour certificate or equivalent.
- Strong operational and maintenance knowledge of equipment Valid Commercial Driver's License or the ability to obtain one.
- Valid Hazardous Materials endorsement or the ability to obtain one. Valid Tanker endorsement or the ability to obtain one.
- Comply with region specific driving regulations and Health Requirements. (US Region: DOT) Work flexible schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
- Must have a telephone and the ability to be on 24 hour call.