Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mobile, Alabama, United States
LOCATION MANAGER I
Manages the operation and profitability of the location. Manages all laboratory and/or inspection operations, location personnel and safety programs in the designated location. Responsible for the day-to-day operational duties of the location including but not limited to the laboratory.
Where a Laboratory Manager is present, the Laboratory Manager will report to the Location Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the profitability of the location including the timely preparation, completion, and submission of any and all financial reports required by the company.
- Advises the Area Manager of any and all financial and operational matters.
- Markets Saybolt services.
- Maintains current contacts and establishes new contacts with clients.
- Prepares an annual budget for the designated location.
- Maintains all required quality control documents, which are available for audit at all times.
- Monitors personnel and staff technical, safety and policy training. Ensures that all employees of the location pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas analysis, Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials disposal, and other safety, performance and compliance training required by the materials tested and handled, and applicable regulations.
- Manages the location's employees and ensures their compliance with acceptable work habits, safety requirements, company policies, compliance to standards and policies, accuracy of test results and reporting of those results, attitude and all other aspects of their job performance.
- Responsible for ensuring an accurate administration of the Order Management System & SAIL
- When required, is able to perform inspection or laboratory functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential job functions when safety is not compromised. A 90-day initial review period applies to Location Managers, during which time the Location Manager candidate and Saybolt will assess the candidate's suitability for the job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A college degree in a petroleum or petrochemical related field or a minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret instructional and technical materials relating to technical procedures, quality management, safety; and applicable government regulations. Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, customers and laboratory staff.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and quantities (linear, volumetric, or weight) and to read and interpolate applicable data and tables. Able to draw and interpret applicable graphs and control charts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.
Ability to (1) supervise and direct other employees so that the efficiency of the location's operations and equipment remains high; (2) maintain applicable safety programs and good housekeeping practices, (3) understand and satisfy all quality requirements; (4) ensure that laboratory testing is performed and reported promptly and accurately in accordance with applicable standards; (5) show the potential to develop leadership skills with employees.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet programs is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
Saybolt requires managers and testing staff to meet the following physical qualifications:
- Pass the drug and alcohol test specified by Saybolt for safety-sensitive employees.
- Be able to work in the presence of odors typical of petroleum or petrochemicals without allergic reactions or nausea when such odors are within OSHA-designated permissible exposure limits (PELs).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Location managers must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions when safety is not compromised.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Smoking and consuming food or drinks are not permitted in Saybolt laboratories.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.