Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Produce precisely engineered well plans and Anti-Collision analysis for directional drilling on land or offshore locations. Interface with directional personnel, Weatherford's Drilling Engineers, and customers. Compile and maintain information for proposals, daily updates, and end of well reports for internal use and customers support. In accordance with experience, provide high level of well planning engineering proficiency and basic drilling engineering knowledge while interfacing with customers in order to deliver outstanding service delivery
Responsibilities and Duties (not listed in any particular order)
- Ensure the QA/QC process for the survey database entry at the planning stage.
- Generate well plans and perform Anti-Collision analysis using Weatherford well planning standard software.
- Perform Anti-Collision monitoring while drilling if required.
- Perform QA/QC process to the survey database received from the field in order to produce daily reports and compile end of well reports for presenting to customers.
- Generate for Weatherford's Drilling Engineer approval and deliver file survey reports in accordance with local regulations and/ or operator company requirements.
- Support Weatherford's Drilling Engineer in the execution of hydraulics, torque & drag, and BHA vibration analysis.
- Attend pre-planning and daily meetings with the RTOC team, Weatherford office support, and customers when required.
- Support DS technical sales when required.
- Handle with fluency the regular Drilling Engineering and Directional Drilling technical language in order to support DE and DS OM if necessary.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy; comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carry out work assignments with the highest level of service delivery.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Associate Degree
- Minimum 2 years of offshore and/or multi-well structure well planning
- Proficient in Anti-Collision calculations
- Basic torque & drag, vibration, and hydraulics analysis capability
- Experienced in use of technical well planning and drawing applications
- Proficient verbal and written skills
- Ability to work closely with customers and fellow employees
- Multi-tasking ability
- Basic knowledge of Directional Drilling practices
- Minimum 2 years in MWD/DD Field Operations
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited University