Skills: Business Development, Marketing, Sales
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Santiago, Chile
Wood is looking for a Proposal Manager for Minig & Mineral service line. The role is based in Santiago, Chile.
The Senior Proposal Manager role is a visible role that works closely with strategy and business development leadership to deliver effective proposals to clients and prospective customers within the region. This position provides key support for strategic planning projects and major proposals, makes bid and/or no bid recommendations and participates in proposal reviews. The role is also responsible for management of the proposals team for the respective Business Unit and development of and/or compliance with Corporate and Business Unit-specific proposal procedures.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Foster the sell of Wood Solutions - Encourage and support cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
- Maintain list of all active proposals, pre-qualifications and other customer responses with status and submission dates for assigned business
- Pro-actively advance the company's proposal planning and management processes as well as ensure incorporation of proposal best practices into all processes and responses
- Take end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes and procedures, including written proposals, oral presentations, Best and Final Offers, Evaluation Notices, Final Proposal Revisions, etc.
- Provide training on the proposal process and proposal best practices for all proposal team members within their respective Business Unit as well as all major stakeholders of the proposal process
- Ensure organization, coordination and implementation of the preparation, production and submission of responsive, well-defined, and effective proposals and provides key support for strategic planning projects
- Support pre-proposal positioning where appropriate, as well as proposal development strategies and implementation, for Business Unit-strategic pursuits. This includes capture plan and proposal planning document development
- Conduct audits to past proposals for businesses within the Business Unit
- Manage Proposal Leads and Coordinators for their assigned part of the business including the coordination of workload (allocation of assignments), quality of output, ensure expectations and goals are clear and business is supported
- Evaluate job performance of Proposal Leads and Proposal Coordinators of respective business
- Assist in the maintenance of CRM opportunities during the proposal stage. This includes updating Pursuit Status, Revenue, Workhours, Worksplit, Lead Review date, Approval to Prepare date and Approval to Submit date. Some businesses may require this role to be more involved in the overall CRM reporting for the respective business
- Take on responsibility of Proposal Lead or Proposal Coordinator as needed for strategic pursuits and top opportunities, or as required due to workload of proposals team
- Ownership and maintenance of the Business Unit-specific content provided for proposal purposes via KnowledgeHub or other avenues (project profiles, experience lists, resumes, boilerplate, etc.)
- Comply with Wood Code of Business Conduct, Anti Bribery and Corruption undertakings and the Wood mandatory and fundamental procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related majors preferred
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience successfully writing proposals for major mining clients.
- Specific experience in mining proposals developing for studies from Scoping Studies to EPCMs
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle and regional industry, and understanding of proposal development processes.
- Authorization to work lawfully in Chile without sponsorship from Wood is required
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of and ability to implement industry best practices and Proposals/Marketing techniques
- Prior experience managing a functional area or large/complex department/group, as required
- Possess and ability to apply extensive management skills and knowledge in field of specialization/expertise, in order to ensure functional area performs as expected and in compliance with both internal and external policies, laws, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat; Proficiency with SharePoint and InDesign is desired.
- Professional proficiency (written, spoken) in English and Spanish
- Consistent personal ethic: integrity, dependability, initiative, and quality in line with our Corporate Vision and Values
- Strategic creative thinker with ability to "think outside the box"
- Proven team player, capable of leading and motivating the proposals team
- Must work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Takes responsibility and leads continuous improvement
- Ability to drive company policies and procedures and apply to proposals, as appropriate
- Able to prioritize and manage a number of projects simultaneously; able to be hands-on as well as strategic
- Leads change and implementation of processes
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, able to effectively communicate complex ideas, issues, problems and solutions
- Leads change and implementation of processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high-level of professionalism are essential
Wood es un líder global en ingeniería y consultoría en el ámbito de la energía y el entorno construido, ayudando a desbloquear soluciones a algunos de los desafíos más críticos del mundo. Brindamos soluciones de consultoría, proyectos y operaciones en más de 60 países, empleando alrededor de 45,000 personas. www.woodplc.com
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificación adecuada serán considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religión, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientación sexual, identidad de género, condición de veterano protegido u otras características, de acuerdo con la legislación vigente.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.