Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer to be part of Puget Sound Transportation Team.
The position responsibilities will be diverse and will include providing engineering design, technical leadership, and project team coordination activities related to highway/roadway projects.
- Providing engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual requirements as part of DEA's Quality Management requirements.
- Providing the design and review of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plans as well as other project Released for Construction Plans
- Answering RFI related to Roadway and the MOT disciplines throughout the life of our design-build projects.
- Adhering to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Assisting with project management including design team coordination, schedule preparation and monitoring, production management, quality management, and client communications.
- Designing transportation improvement projects on arterial, collector, local, and transit facilities on the state and local transportation systems.
- Designing, preparing, or overseeing the preparation of preliminary and final plans in Civil 3D, and/or Microstation/InRoads software.
- Coordinating with other project disciplines including structural, geotechnical, stormwater, surveying, traffic, environmental, utilities, right of way, and other aspects of a project.
- Preparation of quantity and cost estimates.
- Preparation of project specifications based on Washington DOT or agency-specific specifications
- Limited field observation on project sites before, during, and after construction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with transportation projects focusing on highways and roadways
- Fundamentals of Engineering or EIT certification. A Professional Engineer in the State of Washington is desired
- Self-starting leader, team-oriented, entrepreneurial and able to lead and motivate project staff
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.