Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Decatur, Texas, United States
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a HR Generalist, supporting the Oil & Gas group. Reporting to the Director HR, in Decatur, TX.
This individual will support the project, be responsible for all field HR activities, from on boarding, to ER issues, to supervisor training, to strategy and industrial relations. The successful candidate will partner with Managers by understanding their people and business needs as well as the company values, culture, challenges and key indicators. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced matrixed environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- For managing all field HR activities. (onboarding, ER issues, supervisor training, to industrial relations)
- Providing direct P&O support to field project staff at site.
- Overseeing all aspects of the employment life cycle and facilitating employment changes from onboarding to offboarding
- Championing company processes by advising on company policies, procedures and programs
- Coaching and supporting supervisory staff at site, identifying and addressing training and performance management issues
- Advising leaders on employment legislation, government regulations, retention, engagement and employee relation concerns
- Building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with managers and staff at all levels of the organization
- Creating and analyzing reports and metrics to identify trends prior to developing and recommending solutions to support the business
- Advising on compensation and incentive decisions, s upporting the compensation review process
- Initiating and facilitating domestic assignments for employees
- Supporting on strategic P&O initiatives which requires collaboration, development, implementation and maintenance of these initiatives
Skills / Qualifications
- Human Resources Diploma or Degree with 5+ years of HR work experience
- Experience working with an international workforce and project-based workforce of a global professional services company
- Strong knowledge of US employment legislation, HR best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills along with an analytical approach
- Organized and detail oriented; ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle HR, Microsoft Office skills, particularly Outlook and Word. Excel proficiency - i.e. formatting spreadsheets, working with formulas, intermediate functions, etc
- Ability to handle confidential information with maximum discretion
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to work in a close team environment with overlapping/shared responsibilities and maintain positive working relationships
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.