Field Contracts Coordinator
Administration of activities for complex Contracts on a Project, in a support office or at
the jobsite. Responsible for maintaining a continuing review of the progress of each
Contract and providing Management with information regarding any financial, legal or
technical difficulties. Scope also includes Cost Change Management including preparing
Change Orders and negotiating with Contractors to obtain settlement. Manages daily
relationship with Contractors, perform Contract closeouts and maintain records along
with acting proactively with regards to specific Contract problems.
1. Assures commercial aspects of performance aligns with Contract.
2. Participates in weekly Construction Project Meeting.
3. Proactively records potential changes to Contract.
4. Solicits price estimates based on clear definition of work scope change.
5. Effectively and efficiently manage changes which include reviewing requests for
changes, preparing, issuing, and monitoring Change Notices, Change Orders, Commitment Authorizations. Track costs for all changes pending, negotiated settlements and negotiated changes.
6. Coordinates with designated staff on procedural activities affecting contractual rights
7. Coordinates with the Project Sharepoint site Owner the setup and use of the Sharepoint
site for RFIs and Change Orders. May include obtaining Confidentiality and Access
agreements, contact information, setting up of tabs and alerts, and training of Contractors
and Project Team users.
8. Coordinates and/or Initiates Contract Change Orders, both in Sharepoint and final
9. Maintains Change Order Log including final log upon closeout.
10. Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with Company established
procedures. Verify exceptions to protocol have been executed as necessary.
11. Prepares and organizes contractor meetings for cost/contractual clarifications at
construction meetings to ensure complete understanding and agreement between
Company and contractors on all commercial contractual matters.
12. Maintains and distributes meeting agendas and minutes outlining expectations,
required actions and schedules.
13. Assists Project Team in solving administrative problems on commitments involving
monetary expenditure or risk, engineering, commercial specifications or supplementary
14. Administers assigned Contracts maintaining a regular review of progress and
providing management with information to be used to minimize projected financial or
15. Ensures all revised drawings, documents, specs and approved RFIs are captured in the
Contract via Change Order or other SCM approved method.
16. Logs correspondence and maintains Contract files including all final RFI and CO
document filing in SCM-Drive and Sharepoint.
17. Assigns, reports, tracks and follows up on action items.
18. Prepare outgoing correspondence, log and monitor open items.
19. Reviews outgoing correspondence for compliance with contract and procedures.
20. Reviews and sign all outgoing correspondence as permitted by protocol.
21. Assists Project Controls / Cost Control with Contractor related reporting and
22. Supports Project Controls / Cost Control with auditing invoices to insure items are
paid in accordance with the Contract.
23. Administers Contractual discussions to ensure mutual understanding of Contract
terms and conditions.
24. Participate in Contract Closeout processes when required (coordinate completion of
Substantial Completion Notification, Closeout Checklist, Release of Lien and Final
25. Prepares final Commitment Authorization and Change Order (as required).
26. Manages and file all documentation relating to the Contract.
1. High school graduate with post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
Contract Administration training and/or equivalent experience.
2. 3+ years' experience in closely related field.
3. Specialized courses and/or experience in pricing, Contract law, negotiations, business
administration, risk management. Bid process and contracting experience is a plus.
4. Strong computer skills including experience with project management systems.
5. Good organizational and planning skills and detail oriented.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Basic familiarity with contracting and procurement standards, practices, procedures
and records management.