Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bogota, Colombia
The Managed Print Services (MPS) Support Engineer has the primary responsibility of managing print service servers, secure print applications and printer hardware validation and configuration. The engineer will contribute to system design, capacity planning, operations and maintenance, implementation and hyper-care sustainment activities for any system or application migrated and will work closely with server teams and migration teams on the overall process. Additionally, the MPS engineer will be required to develop or update documentation (Technical Application Runbooks or Permit to Operate Documents) as required. The candidate will frequently participate in team meetings and application cutovers supporting migrations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create a culture of integrity and compliance
- Inspire and sustain technical excellence, high performance, and urgency regarding improving current practices
- Collaboration across multiple teams including Global Service Desk, Onsite, Server Teams, Network Teams, and Infrastructure Services
- Participate in Project planning, review, and implementation with other migration teams & on sites
- Participate in providing technology assessments and support of MPS Deployment migrations
- Recommend improvements to existing processes and/or configurations
- Provide operational support of secure print applications during printer replacement
- Create or update work instructions and migration run books
- Perform system analysis and tuning to ensure optimal performance post migration
- Participate in team and group meetings during MPS deployment & migrations, including communication with server team/stakeholder as required
- Provision VMs and make any required configurations/installations as needed.
- Updating the server with OS patched and Secure print server maintenance
- Responsible for project deliverables around migration activities
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new/emerging secure print technology
- Responsible for documenting migration project requirements, risks, design, test plans, deployment procedures and operation/support procedures
- Strong Service Delivery attitude. Provide input and implement solutions to drive the continuous improvement of the development and support teams
- Technical implementations in a fast paced, changing environment
- Work closely with vendors to delivery best in class services at a global scale
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, IT or related
- Advanced English Level
- A+ or N+ certifications
- MCSA and/or CDIA certifications
- 2-4 years of experience in Onsite and Server support, with at least one migration project experience
- Demonstrates understanding of both server hardware & server Windows operating system deployment, configuration, testing & administration with experience in troubleshooting that includes network infrastructure understanding.
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Core Windows Network Services TCP/IP and DNS
- Network technologies including LAN, WAN and Load Balancing
- Candidates must be located and legally authorized to work in Colombia
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.