Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Singapore, Singapore
All interested applicants, please read the Data Privacy Notice before submitting application.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Performs approved analytical tests usingASTM and in-house test methods on Raw materials, Components, and Finished products as part of plant operations and customer service support
- Performs in-process tests as required by Technical and Operations Department
- Performs calibration and general maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Conducts tests on standard referencesamples and maintain SMC/SQC charts
- Keeps abreast of the changes in the test methods and calibration procedures to ensure accuracy of results
- Assists chemists in lab blend studies and analysis of non-routine samples
- Handles Raw materials, Components and Finished products samples bottles in sample retention room as per corporate guidelines
- Cultivates High Performance Organization behaviour at work
- Maintains best housekeeping practices and keep the laboratory premises clean and tidy
- Diploma in Chemical Process Technology, Chemical / Biochemical Sciences or equivalent or GCE A level including a Pass in Chemistry
- Preferably with at least 1 year of relevant work experience in refinery, petrochemical, or chemical industry
- Candidates who lack relevant experience but are interested in working in a petrochemical industry are welcome to apply as training will be provided
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organization skills
- Must be prepared to work 12-hour rotating shift
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Singapore under the local payroll system and benefits.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.