Skills: Business Analyst, Commercial Management, Modeling
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Energy Market Analyst located in London, UK through December 4, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
For additional information on this position, please contact Matthew Wright via Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-wright-11663b8/ .
Chevron Supply and Trading (S&T) provides a critical link between the market and Chevron's upstream, downstream and chemicals companies. We provide commercial support to our crude oil, products and natural gas production operations and to our refining and marketing network. To learn more take a look at what we do here: https://www.chevron.com/operations/supply-trading
High Level Overview:
We are currently seeking an Energy Market Analyst to join our team.
Embedded within our trading teams our Energy Market Analysts are responsible for analysing and making sense of a wide variety of data sources, reports and market intelligence to provide information and opinion that supports our trading activities.
We are looking for an individual who is highly-motivated, a team player, enjoys the challenge of finding commercial value from disparate sources of data; an effective communicator with an eye for innovation and continuous process and personal improvement.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Developing & communicating your short/medium-term view of the crude oil market through:
- Analysis of internal & third-party reports and data, price structures and other market intel
- Development and maintenance of supply and demand balances to support your view - producers, consumers, planned and unplanned outages, import and export flows, etc. using fundamental analysis modeling and statistical tools
- Building and continuously improving data-driven models
- Effectively communicating detailed market analysis both verbally and in writing to local and global teams
- Working collaboratively as part of global trading teams and with other crude and product Energy Market Analysts in London, Houston and Singapore offices
- Performing ad-hoc tasks such as understanding tender and arb economics, country or competitor analysis in support of the business and to identify market opportunities and trends
- Develop a network of market contacts to enhance market intelligence
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to manipulate and make sense of a wide range of data
- Believe in getting results the right way
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Digital mindset and innovative thinker with a proven ability to use technology to provide solutions, efficiencies, develop models
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications (particularly advanced Excel skills, Power BI)
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of global crude oil & products markets and refining processes
- Fundamental modelling experience (build and maintain complex supply & demand models or refinery models; use of statistical tools and regression modelling)
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.