- Position Title: Command Media and Guidance Documents (CMGD) coordinator, UPF
- Project: Uranium Processing Facility (UPF)
- Location:Oak Ridge, TN
- Posting End Date: 11/23/2020
- Relocation Authorized:None
- Position to be Panel Interviewed?No
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Badging: Must be able to obtain badging
- Other Requirements: Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project works on a variety of schedules based on area of support. Examples of typical schedules include 5/8s or 4/10s and may be changed to support project needs. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The work location includes onsite construction facilities as well as offsite office facilities, position can be assigned to any work location and can be changed to support project need.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Role Overview:
Command Media and Guidance Documents (CMGD) coordinator performs activities to ensure consistency and compliance in the development of project procedures, manuals, guides, plans, and other supporting documents. The CMGD coordinator oversees the workflow process, tracks activities to timely completion, documents process steps, formats documents, and forms, coordinates reviews, assists in managing the Document Services SharePoint sites, and monitors incoming mailboxes. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages UPF Procedures mailbox by organizing, responding to, and tracking emails associated with CMGD activities.
- Coordinates with document preparers and editors to ensure native files are placed in ProjectWise and maintained throughout the lifecycle.
- Provides existing native files to document preparers initiating revisions.
- Coordinates the electronic review, comment resolution, and disposition process, obtaining concurrence and/or approval of resolution when needed, and ensures the CMGD process maintains a consistent methodology.
- Coordinates electronic approval cycle and associated reviews through Document Management
- Prepares daily document awareness notification email for distribution to project, communicating changes affecting CMGD documents, associate change documents, and forms.
- Works with the entire Document Services team to log, track, and prioritize electronic document queues, assign documents, and perform appropriate editorial reviews.
- Ensures documentation (e.g. CMGD, Document History Files, Form History Files, emails, etc.) is submitted to Document Management for capture in the project Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
- Monitors job progress and associated deadlines. Alerts responsible managers and teams when the deadline is in jeopardy.
- Monitors and tracks periodic reviews of CMGD.
- Captures and tracks pending updates.
- Manages project-specific forms, including monitoring UPF Forms mailbox, creating/revising forms, updating databases, posting to a webpage, maintaining history, and master files.
- Assists with preparation of new and/or revised form, ensuring alignment with templates/formatting to the extent possible.
- Advises document preparers on the form creation process, form design, distribution, and maintenance.
- Maintains electronic file management and configuration of master and resource files in accordance with procedures and requirements.
- Supports adaptation to client-driven process updates as needed, including integrating new software into existing forms and workstreams.
- May collaborate with colleagues on procedure-related video production, distribution, and compliance; track usage and effectiveness metrics.
- May compile monthly Command Media Action Tracker (CMAT) metric reports on document traffic, document types, and average cycle times.
- Assesses customer document change notifications and tracks changes through completion. Documents results in an electronic tracking system.
- Posts forms and documents to appropriate databases and websites.
- Keeps up-to-date on changing Project requirements and standards. Supports implementation of changes.
- Actively participates in the Corrective Action Program.
- Maintains awareness of developments in equipment, software applications, technology, and processes related to applicable service areas.
- Strives to support Bechtel's "zero-accident" philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards. Takes steps to correct or minimize hazards.
- Able to work additional hours or adjust hours, as needed, to meet the needs of the project.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by managers.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, or a related field plus one year of related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent plus seven years of experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must have or be able to obtain a security badge to access work location.
- Proficiency in standard document formatting/editing/production software, including electronic comment incorporation, importing graphic files, formatting tables, and applying templates.
- Ability to review, format, and edit content to professional standards while conforming to appropriate style guides and other document-related guides, procedures, and requirements.
- Ability to work effectively within automated tools and electronic document management systems.
- Familiarity with SharePoint.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a positive, customer service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with project team members at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proactive, use individual initiative, follow assignments through to completion, be attentive to detail, produce quality products, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word.A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, and judgment.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, as needed.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, especially in the areas of formatting tables and fillable forms.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Advanced proficiency in Sharepoint.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to create Macros.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma processes and implementation.
- Ability to troubleshoot software issues.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.