Requisition ID: 231633 Requisition Posting End Date: 12/04/2020 The PFCS Project
Bechtel Cavendish Nuclear Solutions (BCNS) is a joint venture between Bechtel Ltd and Cavendish Nuclear Ltd, working since 2011 to deliver the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo Retrievals (PFCS) Project alongside and on behalf of the client; Sellafield Ltd.
The Pile Fuel Cladding Silo is a Legacy and Pond Silo facility. As part of the client's hazard and risk reduction programme, the PFCS project was tasked to successfully deliver plant and equipment capable of accessing the historic waste, removing it and transferring it into containers for safe interim storage. Using a 'fit for purpose' model and operating in close collaboration with Sellafield Ltd, a solution was delivered that met the functional requirements by the most efficient means.
The first phase of the project (known as Retrievals Access Penetrations and Silo Doors) prepared the silo for retrievals by cutting access holes into each compartment and sealing them with high-precision doors. This was delivered on time, within cost and to exacting quality standards. The second phase (known as Early Retrievals) designed, fabricated, installed on the silo and commissioned the first set of retrievals equipment, ready to begin retrieving waste. In addition, a second retrievals plant was produced to act as a full-scale training rig, based at Rosyth Dockyard where it was installed on a mock-up of the silo. The Early Retrievals project was successfully completed in June 2019; a staggering 3 years ahead of the initial schedule and with a cost saving in excess of £400m against the previous scheme.
The contract is now in the third phase (Full Retrievals), which involves further modifications to the silo to enable the eventual installation of the second set of retrievals equipment (currently sitting at Rosyth), along with various productivity enhancements to the existing equipment. This work is likely to continue at least into 2023.
The PFCS Project is currently inviting applications for a Commissioning Team Leader to join the team.
The role will be based primarily at site in Sellafield, Cumbria, UK however travel to Rosyth in support of integrated works testing/training, and Warrington may also be required. During the current global pandemic working from home may be required.
Site-based project personnel usually work compressed hours Mon-Thu. Other flexible working arrangements can be considered. Various shift patterns may be required to support project deliver y Main Purpose
The Commissioning Team Leader (CTL) will report to, and when required deputise for, the Commissioning Manager. The CTL will lead a team consisting of, Lead Commissioning Engineers, Commissioning/O&M Engineers and Commissioning Technicians at various locations to safely deliver the pre-commissioning and commissioning scope of the project to cost, quality and schedule requirements, meeting the appropriate national legal requirements, the Client's functional specification, the developed technical specifications and applicable standards Key Result Areas
Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Delivery of the commissioning or discipline phase of the project meeting safety, quality, programme and cost objectives
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in the establishment of the Commissioning Quality Management System.
- Leading of the Commissioning team(s) under their direct responsibility.
- To assist with input into the commercial process, ensuring that work is co-ordinated to effectively manage and control costs.
- To maintain records for use in the adjudication on applications for reduced or enhanced payment.
- D eveloping suitably qualified and experienced commissioning /discipline personnel. Identification of training needs and assist with the management of resource levels to ensure effectively delivery of the workscope.
- Adherence to the agreed Commissioning Quality Management System and ensuring that the commissioning team members correctly apply procedures, codes and standards to commissioning activities.
- Ensuring that commissioning activities comply with the regulatory and statutory requirement in support of the Contract and Client Site Licence.
- To assist in the provision of commissionability input to the design, project management, procurement and construction processes.
- Day to day management of and technical input to the processes utilised by the commissioning team to deliver the test scope (e.g. Handover Process, Fault reporting, temporary plant changes, commissioning reports, software change, etc.) as detailed in the BCNS Commissioning Manual.
- Interface and liaising with the Client team and other project disciplines (Design Engineering, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Construction, Operations and Maintenance).
- Functional inputs to Commissioning Deliverables.
- Functional input to subcontractor tender assessments and subcontractor test documentation.
- Input to the production and upkeep of the Commissioning execution programme.
- Establish with the Commissioning Manager the man-hour budget for commissioning tasks and deliverables together with expected completion dates to support estimates, costing and programme production.
- Progress monitoring and reporting.
- Input to, production, checking and approval of Commissioning Documentation (including Strategies, Test Documentation, Reports).
- Responsible for the identification of the Factory Testing (FAT) requirements - approval of vendor test documentation, witnessing of vendor testing, approval of vendor test results where required. Input to Vendor Quality Plans as required, to ensure BCNS Commissioning requirements are met.
- Responsible for definition and checking of the commissioning test scope across all applicable stages of commissioning: Integrated Works testing, Inactive Plant Commissioning and Inactive Safety Commissioning.
- Responsible for production, checking, quality and approval of the Commissioning Test Documentation to schedule, including liaising with designers and project personnel to ensure correct interpretation of test documentation requirements.
- Responsible for the engagement of the Design Engineers regarding Commissioning Test documentation review and approval.
- Ensuring that all mandatory test pre-requisites are in place.
- Carry out Risk Assessment and produce Safe Systems of Work, and approval of the same.
- Responsible for the execution of commissioning tests to schedule.
- Responsible for the satisfactory completion of all commissioning execution records and results.
- Review and acceptance of commissioning test records.
- Review and approval of Commissioning LTQR and Handover packages. Ensuring that all commissioning records and handover documentation are produced to the required standards.
- Provision of discipline specific subject matter expertise.
- Short (day to day) and medium-term planning of commissioning execution activities.
- Support the bid process when allocated to those tasks using approved bid preparation procedures.
- To identify, co-ordinate commissioning input and communicate "lessons learned" to enable improvements in the commissioning management arrangements within BCNS.
- Identify further development and training needs for team members.
- HND/Degree in an Engineering/Scientific subject.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Chartered status.
- Experience of working on a Nuclear Licensed Site (preferably Sellafield) or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Experience in a Commissioning Team Lead role or minimum Significant experience in a Lead Engineer role.
- Significant experience of commissioning, preferably in the nuclear industry or a similar highly regulated industry.
- Previous management and supervisory experience.
- Regulatory Interface experience.
- Previous experience of commissioning documentation production.
- Demonstrable experience across a range of Commissioning projects, topics and processes.
- High degree of PC literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
Cumbria, UK Security Clearance:
Must hold or be able to obtain SC clearance as a minimum Other Requirements:
Authorisation to work in the UK without employer sponsorship Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.