Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay, Crane Operator
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently seeking expression of interests for Crane & Lifting Supervisor to join our team in PNG on a FIFO rotational basis. Reporting to the Construction Coordinator, the successful candidates will supervise all Crane and Lifting activities in accordance with approved Lift Plans, including all Scaffolding Erection throughout a live plant in a manner that protects safety, health and the environment, whilst conforming to quality and time requirements. Ensure good housekeeping habits at all times and to maintain a safe worksite for yourself and fellow workers. Certified Crane and Scaffolding qualifications preferred.
- Development and adhered of Lift Plans, ensuring clear understanding and adherence by all team members.
- Ensure all scaffolding is performed safely and in compliance with applicable standards
- Understand and adhere to Stepback 5 x 5 principles in the performance of all duties, follow the Wood lifesaving rules
- Work to and guide crew through a Live Plant Permitting System
- Ensure all JSA's (Job Safety Analysis) are reviewed and understood and all associated paperwork is satisfactorily completed to permit and Wood Quality Assurance requirements
- Maintain good conduct and work harmoniously with other employees using fundamental interpersonal skills required of the work setting.
- Be an effective Team Leader by keeping communication lines open. Be approachable and proactive in workplace discussions in relation to safety and all work and planning processes.
- Conduct Tool Box and General Communication meetings with team members
Crane/ Rigging Duties include but not limited to:
- Working closely with the Crane Operator to check loads to be moved by estimating size, shape, weight and centre of gravity. Ensures that loads do not exceed lifting capacity of cranes
- Attaching lifting devices to hoisting equipment and items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- Selecting slings and other grappling devices, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
- Guiding the Crane Operator by using hand signals or two-way radio when the load is not visible to the crane operator
- Supervision of work areas during lifting operation
- Compliance Inspecting of chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks and lifting gear for flaws and damage such as cracks, wear, mildew and corrosion, and reporting these defects.
Scaffolding duties include but not limited to:
- Certified knowledge of tube-and-coupler scaffolding to provide work platforms or temporary structures such as walkways
- Examining requirements from drawings and written instructions to plan task, select materials and set ground levels
- Sound knowledge of the erection of steel pipes, support braces and clamps to form bases for scaffolds
- Lifting and positioning sections of scaffolding and bolting pipes together to build up scaffolding.
- Certified training in the erecting of suspended and hung scaffolds
- Checking levels in scaffolding structures
- Erecting/ dismantling of safety nets and static lines
- Dismantling scaffolding when they are no longer required.
Skills / Qualifications
- 8 years minimum of Crane, Rigging/Scaffolding & Lifting experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Certified to PNG / Australian standards to operate cranes
- Familiar and adept at erection and disassembling of scaffolding structures required to facilitate maintenance and modification activities
- Qualified in correct rigging necessary for the erection of structural steel, prefabricated piping spools, temporary facilities, scaffolding, pipe fittings and valves
- Capable of leading a group of workers in the scaffold erection and dismantling activities
- Lift Planning capability.
This role is open to PNG citizens.
If you're an experienced Crane and Lifting Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.