Skills: Maintenance Manager, Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Carrum Downs, Victoria, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Supervisor to join our team in Carrum Downs. Reporting to the Delivery Superintendent, the primary objective of the Supervisor is to is to provide leadership in delivery of maintenance services in support of the Maintenance Delivery Manager and wider Wood team.
- Provide visible leadership to the workforce at the Eastern Treatment Plant
- Interacting with teams in field conducting safety walks, quality checks and general supervision and oversight of work
- Ensure safety focus is maintained at site and create a positive safety culture that enhances the wellbeing of our employees
- Ensure team's compliance with Wood and Melbourne Water's policies, standards, quality, safety, environmental, technical procedures, SMI instructions and practices as required, performing compliance checks from time to time
- Support Maintenance Planners and Schedulers by providing technical input to planning, scoping of work orders and identifying resources to ensure the planned maintenance tasks are completed as per schedule
- Improve the effectiveness of the delivery team by advising, encouraging and challenging the status quo and owning the continuous improvement of our delivery to the client
- Drive productivity and efficiency for all maintenance teams
- Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to the team to ensure the development of team members
- Perform coaching conversations, disciplinary discussions, personnel and performance management with the team if and as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Trade qualification: preferably Electrical or Mechanical bias or equivalent with relevant considerable experience
- Demonstrate balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams of maintenance professionals
- Understanding of relevant Government regulation and legislation & industrial relations and the application of enterprise agreements
- Enthusiastic & conscientious
- Well-developed influencing skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanour & interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills & flexible with a can-do attitude
If you have experience as Supervisor or equivalent and are ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Role profile available on request.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.