Skills: Commercial Management, Quantity Surveying
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to support new project opportunities in their EPC Industrial Facilities and Renewables businesses to ensure compliance with key Commercial Policies, actively pursue the most advantageous project outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
The key duties of this role include: managing project governance and risk reviews process, actively pursuing commercial entitlement, raising the profile of the Financial Management Framework, participating in commercial assurance reviews, supporting cash management policy requirements and overall contract and commercial administration on large projects. The individual may also be asked to support project start-ups, claims management and provide commercial assurance on ongoing work and support common initiatives and improvement plans for the business unit or jointly with other Business Unit and Group.
- Management and consistent implementation of commercial policy requirements.
- Supporting and promoting the suite of Wood commercial standards, processes and procedures, Financial Management Framework (FMF) and tools and the continuous improvement of these along with general commercial awareness.
- Accountability for project governance, assurance and reporting.
- Recruitment and management of project commercial team
- Roll-out and continuously promote and embed the FMF
- Management, administration and compliance with the Contract
- Management, assessment and mitigation of commercial risks
- Change management and active pursuit of commercial entitlement, including management and successful resolution of claims and disputes
- Management of payment applications, invoicing, invoice disputes and payments
- Supporting key commercial improvement initiatives aligned with the business strategy.
Skills / Qualifications
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, quantity surveying, law or similar discipline. 10+ years' experience
- In addition to an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience, the individual should have extensive and varied work experience in industry which demonstrates exposure to key commercial and project controls concepts and principles.
- Experience of developing and implementing commercial processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing and working with multi discipline functions.
- Strong ability in influencing and persuasion.
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Experience in contract and commercial negotiations
- Experience in negotiation, claims & dispute resolution
- Ability to read, interpret and manage contract
- Ability to build and develop relationships with key leaders/decision makers on large projects
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships with customer representatives
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.