Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, Risk Management, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Information Management Engineer is responsible for the preparation, loading, required editing, quality check and final packaging of data delivery for Geological and Geophysics products. The job consults with operations groups as needed to support the area of expertise in activities of data loading, data quality check, data preparation, exporting and data management of Schlumberger products and service delivery. The Data Management Specialist actively participates in promoting new technology and services offerings and supports the Product Line in risk management and applying lessons learned to improve job design and execution as related to the area of expertise. They provide real-time support to operations as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Load digital data and preform quality review of data integrity for further data processing.
- Performs data preparation in the form of depth matching, splicing, merging and other data editing as necessary.
- Elaborate final data quality reports from G&G interpretation products as required by the organization.
- Handles digital data management and transmission via physical delivery or web-based services.
- Accountable for accurate and secure data delivery.
- Consult with Design/Technical Engineer role as required to optimize the technical design.
- Assist in real-time incident response, recovery, and investigation as related to the area of expertise.
- Understand the competition's technical offering.
- Provide technical support in the area of expertise throughout the Product and Service Delivery process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Intermediate to advance understating of Seismic data structure.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of G&G interpretation data structure.
- Intermediate understand of well data structure.
- Solid understanding of data positioning and common CRS.
- Portuguese Native.
- English Advanced.
- 4 to 8 years of experience.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.