Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
ArW Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer with our Salt Lake City, UT team.
Are you an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer who enjoys the challenge of working with a collaborative team on interesting projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees' enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team of project managers, water resources engineers, environmental scientists, and GIS analysts to support FEMA RiskMap floodplain studies, highway drainage design, watershed planning, storm water planning/design, and more.
- Perform one- and two-dimensional modeling to complete hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses in compliance with FEMA guidelines and specifications.
- Proficiently work with ArcGIS software to support modeling and mapping efforts.
- Proficiently use a variety of open channel and closed conduit modeling software applications like HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, HY-8, etc.
- Prepare technical project reports including engineering analyses, figures, tables, etc.
- Effectively communicate technical information via visual presentations, writing, and speaking.
Skills / Qualifications
- Role Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering, Agricultural Engineer, Biosystems Engineering or related engineering degree required. MS is a plus.
- 0 to 3 years + of hydrology / hydraulics and water resources experience
- EIT or the ability to obtain the EIT within one year of hire.
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPASWMM, HY-8 software is a plus
- Experience using ArcGIS, ArcPRO is a plus
- Experience with MicroStation/Geopak and/or AutoCAD a plus
- Familiarity with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study regulations is a plus .
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.