Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Scaffold Builder with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Must be able to transport, erect, disassemble, store and maintain scaffolding systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements set forth in O.S.H.A. 1926.451 concerning the erection and disassembly of scaffolds
- Inspect and select safe materials for use in building a scaffold
- Identify and correctly use the parts designed for specific manufacturer scaffolding. (Example: Tubelox, Safeway, Safety-Green, Betco, etc.)
- Demonstrate skills in safe erection and disassembly of scaffolding
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Positions require working in climbing, bending, sitting, walking, kneeling, crawling, standing, lifting, pushing, and pulling
- Good hand eye balance and the ability to distinguish colors are required in order to use the tools that are necessary to perform the required work
- Employees must have vision which has good depth perception in order to judge distance and space relationships
- The employee must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- The ability to work in elevated positions is a must
- The employee must be able to work in confined spaces as well as wear the following safety equipment when need be: life vests, ear protection, rubber gloves, leather gloves, hard hat, slicker suit, acid suit, rubber gloves, full face breathing mask, wearing full safety harness, or wearing a face shield 1- 2 Yr Journeyman Exp
Most of the work in this classification will require the handling of scaffold planks. The normal weight of these planks with cleats is fifty (50) to sixty (60) pounds each. These planks are lifted by hand, pulled up by ropes, and handled in
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.