Skills: Process Engineer, Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
Overview / Responsibilities
WOOD (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Head of Project Delivery (1BCMA) to join our client NCOC in Atyrau (for locals/kazakh passport holders).
- Drive development of Project Execution Plans and other key project development deliverable making use of other function expertise (i.e., Construction, Quality, HSE, C&P, etc.) within NDD.
- Verifies results of monitoring progress and performance of all contractors involved on wide range of activities, ensures their alignment on inputs/outputs, timing for deliverables, consistency of the basis, and assumptions used.
Pro-actively manage and control change in scope, cost and schedule
Ensures efficient/timely reviews the validity/acceptability of contractors' multi-discipline engineering submittals to meet Project Execution Plans, Contract requirements, Company procedures, technical specifications, project execution best practices and guides the contractors as appropriate.
Ensure close co-ordination with Production Operations Directorate for smooth project to asset handover.
- Owns Project specific Risk Management process and ensure all key risks have an appropriate mitigation strategy in place.
- Ensures coordination and arrange all required project reviews, checkpoints, validations, technical reviews and endorsements by CoV or independent reviewers, etc.
- Leads personally the coordination of activities with involvement of other NCOC directorates, NDD functional departments to ensure proper coordination of project development.
- Ensure compliance with Project HSSE assurance requirements and audits in line with NDD project assurance processes and building an HSSE culture to achieve Goal Zero.
- Oversees& reports to PM the coordination and arrangements taken so that all required project reviews, checkpoints, validations, technical reviews and endorsements by CoV or independent reviewers, etc.
- Manage technical progression of National Staff with clear development plans, training, and succession planning within the department.
- Hands-on Career and competency development of staff in Project Delivery organization
Skills / Qualifications
• The Job Holder must have a Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
• In addition to the above - an additional degree in Gas Process Engineering is considered as plus - or documented additional training in Gas Treatment ( eg Campbell's Gas Course, etc...)
• Recognized member of a Chartered Engineering Body + registered community member of a Project management body (eg. PMI)
Documented mandatory evidence:
• Taking decisions in projects as Technical Authority or subject matter expert.
• Expert level of awareness & familiarity with issues surrounding high pressure and high H2S facilities.
• Experience of driving business improvement in projects.
• Commercial and contractual acumen: shaping execution & contracting strategies and post award contract experience (contract management, claim mitigation negotiation, contract close out).
• Minimum of 8-10 years' experience in Oil & Gas Projects in similar role.
• At least 10 years' experience background specific to Project Engineering in Oil & Gas industry.
• Any previous experience in the field of operations/maintenance engineering in any oil and gas complex would be advantageous, preferably paired with hands-on maintenance and/or operations experience.
• Operations experience of large size Gas treatment Units is considered as plus.
• Knowledge/Experience of addressing permit applications, local content development aspects.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.