Skills: Control Room Operations
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for an Control Room Operator/ A Operator with deepwater production operating experience, preferably in the GoM.
Work schedule of 21x21 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Monitoring and controlling the remote operation of the subsea wells and production systems, including, performing emergency corrective action as required.
- Operating in compliance with 30 CFR operating limits, regulations, standards, procedures and codes.
- Maintain appropriate records and documents and submit reports as required.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, and escalate operation and safety issues.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- As a member of a busy team, actively assist with additional projects as required or requested by supervisor
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 4-8 years of production operating experience required.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 8-10 years' production operating experience with deepwater Control Room experience on a production platform preferred;
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.