Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
WOOD (trading locally as QED International) is currently looking for Lead Pipeline Engineer to join our client NCOC in Atyrau (for locals/kazakh passport holders).
• Is responsible and lead the definition of Pipelines requirements, calculations, routes, material selection.
• Is responsible for Preparing SOW (Scope of Work) and Basis of design for contractors and monitoring progress and preparation of deliverables.
• Works without supervision participating in target identification and pipeline definition strategy. Activity is broad, relevant to every kind of pipeline subject.
• Provides the skills and experience that drives team to reach goals.
• Conducts Pipeline engineering studies for project in full autonomy.
• Provides Pipeline engineering input and contribute to success into various phases of project development as per Project Management Process framework.
• Participates in safety reviews and audits as needed.
• Analyze and assess technical integrity of NCOC projects throughout their life cycle
• Can identify and apply RoK Codes & Standards related to the Pipeline discipline and development of Pipeline Engineering Technical Specifications
• Participates in inspection of Pipeline equipment and in site visits during installation of Pipeline equipment
• Develops effective working relationships with relevant disciplines and stakeholders
• Visits NCOC onshore and offshore facilities to build a strong asset intimacy
• Develops Pipeline constructability Strategies and Procedures for facility projects in compliance with Kazakh Regulations and company adopted Standards (including International standards).
Ensures and leads implementation of approved Pipeline procurement, fabrication and construction strategies and procedures for the project.
• Is able to continuously communicate Company requirements for World Class Standards to the Technical Service Department.
• Is able to participate in Troubleshooting / Inspection/5Y (5 why) to establish root causes of failure (RCFA) and prepare Corrective plans.
• Drives Quality Assurance and Control reviews to ensure the technical integrity, constructability, functionality and reliability of the project.
• Ensures compliance by all stakeholders with the defined integrity assurance strategy for pipeline components and systems
• Is able to liaise with the RoK technical law compliance engineer(s), to ensure that changes in RoK technical law are reflected in the integrity assurance strategy for pipeline components and systems
• Reviews deliverables produced by Engineering & Procurement Contractors.
• Prepares DS (Data Sheets), TBE (Technical Bid Evaluation), requisitions relevant to pipeline materials.
• Defines interfaces with Existing Production Facilities and new installations, optimising installation and construction schedule, as well as minimising cost and safety risks.
• Contributing to a data base of size, weight, cost and delivery time of major equipment and packages associated with offshore and onshore facilities.
• Ensures that lessons learned from operations and activities performed and all experience gained in the relevant discipline is valued and capitalised.
• Leading HSE discussion and workshops about pipelines.
• Leading all necessary Value Engineering studies
Skills / Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and 12+ years relevant engineering, construction, maintenance and/or operations experience.
• Relevant experience - inspection/maintenance activities in the specific area of competence - Oil&Gas pipelines/sealines - is mandatory
• Wide knowledge of concepts, best practices and procedures of pipeline selection/design/installation/commissioning;
• Comprehensive Knowledge of international standards, codes and industry best practice for material selection
• Aware of issues surrounding high pressure and high H2S facilities
• Familiarity with RoK and/or other Caspian projects Onshore and/or Offshore.
• Experience during early project phase as concept selection, pre-feed and feed is mandatory.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.