Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Seal Sands, United Kingdom
Job title: BA Rigger
Ref No: 2020-80010
Location: Seal Sands
Project: Ineos Nitriles
Duration: 2 weeks
Start: 11th January 2021
Wood is currently recruiting for a Rigger with experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical industry.
Purpose / Role
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent rigging / lifting construction service in accordance with Project Company requirements, standards and procedures whilst conforming to UK Regulations and Standards.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations
Key aims and objectives
- Read, understand and implement all applicable Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures and ensure that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in compliance with the applicable National Regulations and Standards and to a high standard of safety
- Perform rigging / lifting duties as requested by the Project / Company, ensuring that all lifting equipment and accessories are utilised in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions and/or recommendations.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Understanding of and development of lifting plans to enable the execution of rigging / lifting duties
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments to ensure rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe and controlled manner
- Raise awareness of conflicting activities or unforeseen difficulties which could affect rigging / lifting operations
- Raising applicable Permit to Works in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner
- Select appropriate lifting accessories and ensure they are attached / detached between the load and lifting equipment in a correct and safe manner
- Use clear and unambiguous hand / radio signals to safely direct the actions of a crane manoeuvring loads of various weights and dimensions
- Carry out routine checks on lifting equipment and accessories in accordance with the prescribed maintenance procedure and ensure they are in a serviceable condition before and after use
- Demonstrable experience in rigging & lifting operations on plant shutdowns.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with other team members and disciplines.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Flexible and able to comply with company and client requirements
- Confident with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
- Be prepared to wear breathing apparatus equipment as and when required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade.
- CCNSG safety passport.
- Level 3 Diploma in Moving Engineering Construction Loads or Engineering Construction Capital Plant Steel Structures
- Wood mandatory training: Induction, Working at Height, Risk Awareness.
- COSHH Awareness.
- Lifting Equipment Inspection.
- Rigging Loft Management.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.