Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
Wood is providing Owners Engineer services on a variety of projects including the installation of remediation systems and the abatement, decommissioning and demolition (AD&D) of coal-fired power plants and is recruiting for an Onsite Construction/Site Manager responsible for daily management of all assigned construction field execution activities and to assure efficient and effective management of contractor project execution to deliver best value to our clients. This initial role will be based at a coal-fired power plant located in Council Bluffs, Iowa (Jobsite). Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The Site Manager will be responsible for a project field team and will be the primary point of contact for Client at the Jobsite. In collaboration with the Project Manager, Technical Leads (demolition, regulated materials, asbestos, health and safety, etc.), Site Supervisors /Coordinators (e.g., asbestos abatement, demolition and health and safety, etc.), the Site Manager is responsible for ensuring contractor work is performed in accordance with the Technical Specifications, work plans, regulatory requirements, project schedule, etc. in a safe manner and in accordance with the Jobsite's Health and Safety Plans (HASPs). The Site Manager will assure that daily project activities are documented and any problems that occur are brought to the attention of the Project Team. The Site Manager will participate in daily meetings with Wood, the Client and the Contractor. The Site Manager will review contractor submittals and monitor the contractor's work for safety and quality. The Site Manager is responsible for ensuring the Client's requirements for contractor work, including safety and environmental policies, are followed. The Site Manager engages Technical Leads and other necessary project resources (environmental, waste, health and safety, permitting, etc.) during the performance of the project. The Site Manager will remain on the Jobsite for the duration of the project unless directed otherwise by the Client and/or Wood.
Generally, responsibilities are expected to include:
- Report to Wood's Project Manager; coordinate daily activities with the Project Manager as necessary
- Manage Wood's Jobsite project team (e.g., asbestos abatement supervisor, demolition supervisor, health and safety coordinator, etc.)
- Monitor all aspects of the AD&D work at the Jobsite to confirm adherence to Contract that includes the Technical Specifications
- Coordinate with the Client regarding onsite activities by the Contractor
- Conduct and/or participate in pre-construction/activity kick-off and weekly meetings
- Work directly with Client's Safety Manager to ensure the Site Safety Plan is being implemented by the Contractors including COVID-19 Jobsite requirements.
- Participate in daily health and safety tailgate meetings; enforce HASP including COVID-19 requirements for Wood and report deficiencies to the Client, if necessary
- Develop weekly coordination/scheduling meeting; monitoring that the Contractor is meeting the Client's schedule obligations
- Review Contractors daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Develop and maintain the project schedule (master and look-ahead) in collaboration with the Project Manager; ensure contractors are meeting schedule obligations
- Review Contractor invoices (percent complete
- Review, comment and track the Contractor's submittals, including personnel qualifications, safety, work plans, etc.
- Respond to contractor requests for information (RFI) with approval from the Project Manager
- Review and analyze test/analytical results (e.g., soil, stormwater, waste profiles, soil compaction, noise, dust, etc.) in coordination with Technical Leads
- Identify areas requiring additional sampling/material testing, if "hidden" materials are identified in collaboration with the onsite Asbestos Abatement and Demolition Supervisors
- Perform waste management inspections and tracking
- Interface with Clients, government officials and other stakeholders
- Maintain permits and training certificates
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards
- Work with and on behalf of Client in execution of existing and future contracts Wood projects
- This is an exempt position requiring strict understanding and compliance with confidentiality requirements.
- Assist in development and review of bid packages
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's Degree is desired, but not required, with 15 to 20 years of construction management experience, preferably in AD&D projects
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake multifunction activities within the Wood Project Team.
- Understanding of means and methods associated with remediation technologies, decommissioning, demolition, civil type work, CSI specifications, and construction drawings
- General understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and general building systems
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Ability to maintain and advocate a safe working environment
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours
- Must pass drug test, entrance physical, and background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour training in accordance with 29CFR1910.120
- OSHA HAZWOPER Site Supervisor
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour Construction Safety
- Asbestos Inspector Accreditation, desired
- Willingness to undertake specific training related to contracts and risk management
- Working outside in various inclement weather conditions, uneven terrain
- Office/field work with computer
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.