Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently seeking to recruit Project Engineer (Expression of Interest) in Kuwait to manage a small team of project engineers and to directly project manage the larger projects in the Kuwait Office. The role involves the preparation of bids, feasibility studies, FEEDs and detailed designs for refineries and oil field related engineering projects with a design office cost of up to 3.5 million KD.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Deliver projects consistent with Wood Core Values.
- Work with Client representatives to agree well defined scopes of work with achievable budgets and schedules.
- Preparation of bid proposal documentation for corporate review and approval prior to client submission. Documentation includes :-
- Scope summary
- Man hour estimates
- Budget & schedule
- Resource allocation by discipline, grade and office location (Kuwait, London, etc.)
- Costs - subcontract, overhead, contingency and profit
- Business risks, mitigation measures and opportunities
- Project management of approved work orders including:
- Ensure all project work is performed in compliance with Wood Values
- Project delivery in accordance with the approved project management plan (PMP)
- Control of the approved budget and schedule
- Issuing regular project status reports for Wood management and clients
- Regular progress meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Ensure adherence to Wood ESM quality procedures and work instructions
- Timely identification and control of project scope changes
- Obtain client approval for additional costs and modifications to schedule due to scope changes
- Create and maintain good working relationships with clients
- Manage the project engineering team (2 to 3 persons)
- Develop the project engineering team by guiding, coaching and training
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.