Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently seeking to recruit Lead Structural/Civil Engineer (Expression of Interest) to execute Civil/Structural discipline engineering activities within budget and schedule, whilst maintaining technical integrity.Execute Civil/Structural engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design). Act as discipline focal point as required.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract.
- Be responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Maintain planning and cost control on all scopes.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Review, prepare, check and/or approve work output of discipline assigned personnel.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Maintain good communication with the client.
- Maintain discipline filing system.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.