Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood in Kuwait is seeking expressions of interest from Lead Design Engineer Instrumentation to ensure that project discipline activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Provide planning and cost control on all scopes
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Maintain good communication with the Client
- Maintain the discipline filing system
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Engineering 1
- 12 years total experience
- 8 years refinery / petrochemical experience
- 4 years in related designation experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills - English language.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills
- Good HSE awareness and commitment
- Review and comment upon P&IDs
- Ability to prepare design documentation in presentable English:
Control system architecture diagrams
Equipment Specifications - DCS, ESD systems, Functional Descriptions.
Sizing calculations & data sheets - Valves, transmitters (flow, pressure, temperature, level, tank gauging, gas detectors)
- A working knowledge of Shell DEPs would be advantageous
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.