Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood in Kuwait is currently seeking to expressions of interest from Planning Engineer to -
- Ensure that accurate schedules are readily available for multidiscipline design work orders.
- Ensure that the work order schedules are realistic and include the relevant dependencies.
- Maintain up to date ESM department plans: resource plan, annual leave plan, etc.
- Develop and maintain work order schedules.
- Allocate resources and prepare different resource graphs through P6
- Liaison with ESM disciplines incorporate discipline activities and interdisciplinary dependencies.
- Ensure that work order schedules are up to date and communicate deviations and changes against the baseline.
- Incorporate schedule input from other participating Wood offices.
- Prepare monthly progress reports for each work order in a timely manner.
- Attend schedule review and work order progress meetings.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Engineering 1
- 12 years total experience
- 8 years refinery/petrochemical experience
- 4 years in related designation experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills - English language.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills
- Good HSE awareness and commitment
- Review and comment upon P&IDs.
- Ability to prepare design documentation in presentable English: -
Control system architecture diagrams
Equipment Specifications - DCS, ESD systems, Functional Descriptions.
Sizing calculations & data sheets - Valves, transmitters (flow, pressure, temperature, level, tank gauging, gas detectors)
- A working knowledge of Shell DEPs would be advantageous.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.