Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently sourcing suitably qualified Training HSE Coordinator to join our team in Hides on a rotational schedule (28 days on /28 days off). Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible to provide both safety and competence assurance of the maintenance team. The role will include responsibility for providing security, safety, health and environmental support for the maintenance team. Similarly, the role will also provide training and competence assurance support for the maintenance team.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the areas of safety, and emergency response to site leadership.
- Provide Subject matter expertise in the area of Training execution, revision and documentation of required training to meet both job descriptions and site competencies
- Deliver required contractor role MRC's training
- Deliver Induction and annual training for contract personnel that is required outside the client delivered training package
- Interface management with National work force development and MRC matrix recording and meeting the National content plan agreed to annually by both the General maintenance contractor and client
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies (QA/QC context, accuracy, and consistency of all regulatory reports, documentation, and representations) on contractor submitted reports that include safety related matters
- Participates in HAZOPS and risk assessments
- Participates or leads incident investigations
- Facilitates and ensures implementation of safety and health compliance programs
- Analyzes safety and health statistics and data for trends
- Lead Emergency Response Teams
- Supports Health management systems
- Participates in internal SHE assessments
- Assists site managers in stewarding and tracking reports and identify gaps and evaluate Safety and Training short falls.
Skills / Qualifications
- Certificate or diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or similar Discipline
- Trained and certified for craft to PNG / Australian standards in practiced craft
- 5 years minimum experience in one of relevant crafts in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- 8 years minimum supervisory experience
- Experience managing multi-cultural teams and workforces
- Demonstrates clear and successful strategic thinking
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce from an HSE perspective
- Ability to harmonise team and manage complex issues
- Clear leadership and motivating abilities
This role is open to PNG Nationals only!
If you're an experienced Training HSE Coordinator ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.