Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States
Reporting to the Weighing Supervisor, the Weighing Technician is responsible for processing customer samples by following established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe practices.
- Comply with the OHS Act and Regulations, BV Group Policy and Procedures, Upstream Minerals Management System Policies and Procedures and ISO standards applicable to the Weighing Technician position.
- Act in a safe and professional manner and wear appropriate attire including the required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Carry out sample weighing in accordance with documented SOPs and other work instructions.
- Ensure proper functioning of Weighing operations by:
o Monitoring the performance of the balances and associated equipment
o Ensuring adequate inventory of consumable supplies (standards etc.)
o Practicing good housekeeping.
- Communicate general laboratory issues to the Weighing Supervisor as appropriate.
- Report any deviation(s) from documented procedures to the Weighing Supervisor.
- Report any unsafe condition(s) observed in the department to the Weighing Supervisor.
- Report any non-conforming work related to customer samples and associated test data to the Weighing Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.