For Thai national only
Qualifications & Certifications
- Preferably an Engineering Degree/ Diploma or educational equivalent is required
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
- Well Control Certificate (IWCF - level 4)
- OGUK medical
- Preferably ten years as in handling operational matters with drilling contractor
- Extensive experience from operations of drilling units, preferably offshore Tenders
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining drilling units, preferably offshore
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Experience in managing rig budgets
- Background in offshore oil and gas production, maintenance or engineering
- 'Hands-on' experience in operations of drilling and workovers
- Extensive experience in the delivery and management of SIMOPS (drilling, commissioning, workovers)
- Ideally has spent significant time in offshore positions or direct support of offshore drilling operations
- Sound understanding of regulatory requirements
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
- Fluent in English both verbally and written
- Good communication skills
- Expected to be mobile to cover similar roles within the fleet
- Supervisory Skills
- Ability to competently and safely perform duties defined in the job description
- Develop an understanding of drilling programs and oil well conditions
- Develop knowledge of rig move operations
- Ability and experience in managing P&L, CAPEX, Budgets and communicate results to senior management
Minimum Job Functions
Includes, but is not limited to and not in order of priority:
- Assist Rig Managers to lead the offshore team with a visible commitment to the Groups values & ethical requirements
- Compliance with SEB Code of Conduct
- Compliance with all directives and procedures with risk level "red"
- Compliance with all position-specific internal and external governing requirements
- Participate in emergency drills, including post-drill debriefs
- Non-compliances are promptly acted upon and reported to the supervisor
- Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner
- Mobile to relief Rig Managers on rigs in any locations globally
- Ensure timely reporting, planning and forecasting submitted
- Ensure Operations and Maintenance expertise is provided as required to ensure optimum delivery of operation or projects in Non-operated Assets/Rigs
- Ensure lessons learned and industry benchmarks are consolidated documented
- Monitor and report on activity plans, objectives and key performance indicators internally and with the Client, in respect of all operational activity, specifically on: Risk management, health, safety and environment; operation efficiency & optimization; safety and asset maintenance & integrity
- Arranges and manages the third party to assist in audits
- Monitors, records and operational standards, procedures, processes, guidance and other forms of control for Sapura, including providing input
- Provides support that includes planning, tracking and coordination of all offshore-related activities, but not limited to.
- Fully understands the Company Safety Policies and to take all reasonable care to ensure the health and safety of them-self and persons likely to be affected by his / her acts or omissions, as required under the company Safety Management System.
- Ensure that the Company Safety Policies are fully implemented and adhered to by all persons under their authority.
- Ensure that all working places for personnel are always, so far as reasonably practical, safe and clean.
- Ensure all work is carried out as safely and efficiently as possible by complying with SD training and safety policies and procedures.
- Report to their immediate supervisor any situation that may constitute a hazard or that may cause injury to themselves or others, which they cannot correct themselves.
- Promote safe working practices.
- Participate in safety initiatives and programs
- Excellent knowledge of Process Safety and a high personal commitment to HSE performance
- Shall comply with all company policies and with the requirements of the HSE Management System
- Shall demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company HSE policy.
- Shall demonstrate positive personal safety behaviours at all times
- Ensure that all employees under their authority have sufficient information and knowledge to carry out their job without endangering any persons, plant or equipment and are adequately trained and experienced for a specific task before they are instructed to carry it out.
- Ensure that health and safety at work and accident prevention are continuously brought to the attention of all employees under their authority by means of job supervision, instruction and training.
- Carry out Trip Assessment at the appropriate time for both new start and existing employee under their authority.
- Carry out annual employee assessment
- Ensure that all employees under their authority understand the expectations with regards, Safety, Housekeeping, STOP work authority etc.
- Vision and Values, Reporting and general behaviour
- Train and Develop the personnel supervised and identify/recommend high potentials
- Engages offshore teams with regular feedback of any pertinent business-related issues or initiatives being implemented or worked on by the onshore teams
- Manage any performance or disciplinary cases with support from the Human Resources Department
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Company management systems and where applicable client procedures.
- Reviews each rig monthly inventory reports, revenue and operation costs
- Monitors the monthly budget sheets and cost targets to ensure cost-effective operations; resolve any variances and reports results monthly
- Support the yearly budget process
- Assist with Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) preparation
- Lead and/or support Lessons Learnt, Best Practices and the conduct of Root Cause Analysis for Onshore and Offshore losses
- Measure and Challenge financial results on a monthly basis
- Propose cost and efficiency initiatives to improve quality and/or results
- Performs special projects as assigned
- Maintain confidentiality on all internal market-sensitive data in particular bid activity detail
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.