This position reports directly to the Lead Drilling Engineering FDPAccountabilities:
This position is primarily accountable for preparing and delivering all Drilling & Well Engineering aspects for future greenfield and brownfield development projects. Covering drilling feasibility, platform design, platform serviceability and DRILLEX calculations. As part of the Drilling Engineering - FDP team, you will ensure all drilling and wells related documentation, reports and presentations are prepared in accordance to industry standards, best practices and NOC referential, complete with detailed risk assessments and derogations as necessary.
Working and collaborating with intra/inter-departmental multi-disciplinary teams, you will contribute and participate in internal and external reviews, validations and endorsements to facilitate the sanctioning of future projects.
Demonstrate strong commitment to NOC HSE, Golden Rules and Incident Free initiative - contribute and act as a leading example.Activities
:Health Safety Environment
- Identify all drilling risks and ensure accompanying risk register for all development studies.
- Ensure that all NOC and Industry HSE requirements are adhered to in the development studies.
- Prepare derogations when deviations are required from NOC Referential.
2. Development Process Studies
- Participate in the NOC Development Process studies, collaborating with Reservoir & Geosciences (RGS), Corporate Planning & Development (CPD), Engineering & Construction (E&C) and Major Projects (MP).
- Identify requirements for platform design; rig mobilization and serviceability, slot spacing, well serviceability to ensure serviceability throughout the life-cycle of the well, document and follow-up in close collaboration with CPD, E&C, MP.
- Perform detailed well planning focussing for collision avoidance, maximizing reservoir contact and optimal completion design in close collaboration with RGS.
- Participate and contribute in all internal weekly review meetings and vendor reviews through the development process.
- Proactively seek and propose engineering solutions to overcome challenges and achieve operational excellence.
- Participate in operational and cost optimization initiative with a LEAN mindset.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports, presentations and other documentation to facilitate progression of the project through the development process stage gates.
- Present the Drilling & Wells scope of the project to internal management and external shareholders through the development process stage gates.
3. Additional job roles
- Collaborate with other sub-departments within Drilling & Wells and contribute to improvements transversely.
- Act as Lead, Drilling Engineering - FDP, as required.
- Mentor other young drilling engineers.
- Bachelor's in Engineering Degree, (Master's preferred)
- 10-12 years Drilling & Well Engineering experience, with minimum 2-3 years rig site operational experience
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Expert experience in well planning using Landmark Suite (Compass™, WellPlan™, StressCheck™, Casing Seat™)
- Experienced with MS Office suite,
- Experience in creating and delivering high quality presentations to management.
- Competence in use of reporting software; WellView™
- Valid IWCF Well Control Certification (Level 4), or competency for qualification
- Valid OPITO™ approved Sea Survival, H2S and Fire-Fighting Certification, or competency for qualification.