Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy and Power Solutions Group in Austin, TX has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer focusing on power generation applications.
Bring your expertise to lead master plan studies, analyses, design, and construction over site related to electrical systems for power generation applications. Coordination and development of relay settings for interface with advanced SCADA and SEL systems, equipment specifications and testing of switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, and generation control equipment. System modeling and calculations including lightning protection, grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analyses. Your ability to lead our design and production teams and partner with our clients will be at the forefront.Qualifications:What You'll Need:
Ideally You'll Also Have:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- Professional Registration (P.E.), or ability to obtain within one year
- At least 15 years detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems
- Task lead experience including scope and fee development, and project execution while meeting established schedule and budget requirements
- Protection system design
- Design for turbine generator in excess of 10MW and substation design interface including relay protection and interconnection agreements with utility companies
- Ability to direct the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, Revit, SmartPlant or equivalent
- Some travel
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design
- Related experience in chemical, petroleum, and other industrial process plants
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.