ENGIE's IT Manager, Infrastructure Architecture is an experienced, hands-on technical leader responsible for creating, delivering, and managing the enterprise architecture function. This position is responsible for developing enterprise architecture standards and principals that guide the design of reliable, flexible, and resilient IT infrastructure to meet business requirements and SLAs.
What you'll do:
- Defines the strategy, vision, goals, and objectives of the IT architecture function
- Responsible for performing systems analysis and design, troubleshooting, planning, and technology selection balancing the needs of IT and business requirements
- Leads the infrastructure team to develop an enterprise cloud strategy and best practices
- Leads the identification of the business requirements and SLA's to be supported by the IT infrastructure
- Stays abreast of cloud, physical, and virtual IT infrastructure technologies and trends, to effectively manage the IT technology portfolio.
- Develops the standards and policies that drive and support the IT architecture
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) to support escalation from operations and participate in incident management
- Performs IT infrastructure audits to ensure architecture standards and policies are followed
- Coordinates with IT Operations, Security, and Development teams to ensure seamless delivery on all projects and solutions
- Evaluates risk, capabilities, and cost benefits of IT architecture options and recommends solutions that provide the appropriate balance as defined by business needs/requirements
- Adheres to all group defined policies, standards, and guidelines where appropriate, in support of Engie NA business requirements and needs.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a similar position
- 10 years minimum experience in Information Systems
- 5 years minimum experience in IT Infrastructure and design
- Certification in different technologies disciplines (such as VMWare, Microsoft, Azure, AWS) is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge in managing a hybrid cloud environment across On-Premise Data Centers, Azure, and AWS
- In-depth knowledge in the operations, IT Security, disaster recovery, monitor, optimization, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows Server environment in an enterprise-scale network
- In-depth knowledge of system management tools (SolarWinds, LANDesk, Splunk, Azure Monitor, Veeam, SCCM, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure technologies (Active Directory, O365, Exchange Online, DNS, DHCP, File sharing, Window Server, Window workstation, SAN, NAS, IaaS, PaaS, Citrix, PowerShell scripting)
- Working knowledge of general IT technologies (SharePoint, Teams, OKTA, DevOps, Proofpoint, ZScaler, TCP/IP, Authentication concepts, Agile development)
- Familiar with ITIL framework
- Effective communication skills with internal and external parties, including customers and vendors
- Travel to office locations as required (20%)
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Nov 13, 2020