Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Various, United Kingdom
Wood Transmission and Distribution business are seeking a Supply Chain Manager.
This is a permanent position and while we are flexible on location, some travel will be required.
Responsible for the leadership and management of a deployed supply chain project team providing all aspects of supply chain management including materials management, warehousing, expediting, procurement, subcontracts, negotiation and reporting.
Key aspects of the role include the direction and management of the supply chain activities for a specific project. The administration and supervision of assigned supply chain personnel working within the project. Ensuring the competence and performance of all assigned supply chain personnel within their role.
Clear understanding of the client's head contract requirements including Wood responsibilities and incorporates those into appropriate project supply chain strategies, plans, procedures and terms and conditions. Understand and manage threats to the commercial position of Wood and Client, and develop plans to mitigate commercial risks. Has strong knowledge of commercial terms and conditions, interfaces with Wood legal/commercial experts and can initiate/discuss adaptations in order to reach a robust commercial agreement.
Regularly monitors and reports progress of all project procurement activities. Ensures team regularly update reports/systems with required information to allow accurate reporting, and escalates any critical issues and risks to project management.
- Manages, directs and supports others engaged in the full range of supply chain activities, while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, and relevant reporting requirements.
- Accountable for the successful set up and delivery of all project supply chain processes, procedures and activities.
- Ensures all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures.
- Prepare and issue the project specific procurement execution plan and/or contracting strategy, and contract schedule in line with project scope including the application and association of computerised systems e.g. Oracle, AMUSE, Materia.
- Establish and manage the project / procurement status report (PSR) in line with project / client required on site dates and current / estimate lead times, notifying any delays to the project manager.
- Establish and chair regular PSR meetings with client, procurement, engineering and/or project management personnel to ensure dates for pre-order deliverables are being maintained.
- Establishes priorities, assigns workloads and reviews the more difficult and complex aspects of the supply chain workload
- Ensure that client main contract, terms and conditions, schedules, change control procedures and commercial frameworks are embedded in the supply chain activities for the project.
- Ensures that all relevant stakeholders understand both Woods and the suppliers specific contractual obligations and responsibilities.
- Utilisation of Wood Approved Supplier Register (ASR) supplemented when required by project/client approved supplier registers for supplier evaluation, audit, and selection.
- Ensure Supplier performance reviews and ongoing management ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensures that supply chain team carry out all activity in accordance with the Wood Supply Chain Code of Conduct, ensures that all statutory and legal requirements and applicable processes and procedures are complied with and all documents are filed accurately and fully auditable.
- Promote safe working practices and demonstrate safety leadership at all times.
- Act as a role model and champion Woods vision, values and behaviours.
- Act as a role model to embed the Financial Management Framework across the business
- Implement robust performance management and development plans for the team, ensuring any gaps are addressed and development and succession planning is managed effectively
- Delivery against internal and external in year savings targets as per business plan.
Skills / Qualifications
- Educated to ISCED Level 6 (Bachelor Degree or Equivalent) in business studies, law, engineering, supply chain or similar discipline.
- CIPS qualified or industry equivalent.
Job specific experience:
- Extensive Supply Chain experience, demonstrating results and progression to a similar management position.
- Subcontract Agreements and Framework Agreements
- Industry forms of Subcontract
- Complex Tactical Procurement
- Logistics and Materials Management
- ERP systems
- Client contract requirements
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Leadership, motivation and development of teams and individuals
- Negotiating complex agreements
- Dispute and claim resolution
- Implementation of project supply chain processes and procedures
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience in audit and assurance
- Leading complex tender activities through to completion
- Mobilisation of supply chain post contract award
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Maintains a strong network both within and outside of supply chain department
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients and other disciplines
- Strategic thinker contributing to the management and improvement of the overall project
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude providing inspiring leadership
- Work as part of project management team
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop teams and individuals in a pressurised environment
- Identify efficiency, process and tool improvement opportunities and successful drive through change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.