Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Columbus, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a General Maintenance Worker to join our project team in Columbus, GA.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge
- Work includes painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, HVAC, and electrical
- Tasks involve a variety of the following duties: replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing and lubricating door locks, replacing broken window panes, and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Entry level position requiring high work ethic and physical ability to perform duties
- Must provide documentation of authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must pass drug test and background investigation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.