Skills: Marketing, Sales, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Houston office is currently recruiting for a Business Development Director - Digital Partnerships to support and develop the Intelligent Operations sub-business group in the Wood Automation and Control business unit. This role will be global in nature with focus on the Americas.
The Busines Development Director is responsible and accountable for growth and market penetration of Intelligent Operations related services and products with strategic customers and key account sales, to meet the company's sales, growth and business strategy utilizing current and future digital partnerships. This is a highly visible role and plays a key part in the growth strategy of the business unit. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success building strategic partnerships and driving synergistic growth across several industries.
Wood Automation and Control is one of the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world, with proven growth and stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects across the full lifecycle of an asset.
- Administers, develops and grows company's business activities and revenue from new and existing clients, service lines and channels
- Supports Automation & Controls (A&C) Business Development VP in the development of plans for growing and managing major accounts and engages team members in executing strategy
- Identifying business opportunities for Wood and establishing and leading the proposal strategy to win major, complex projects
- Provides input for development of the Business Revenue Forecast
- Market Intelligence: Learns and communicates information pertinent to growing respective Service Lines
- Development of regional sales plan, engaging with key stakeholders in the business
- Plans and implements sales in specific key accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and account management skills are critical
- Identifies, targets, and initiates face to face contact with appropriate client representatives.
- Accountable for Client Interaction - maintains contact with decision makers and key business interests in client organizations.
- Accountable for designed digital partners sales utilizing joint technologies to end user customers. As such will be responsible for developing strategies, sales targets, and key performance metrics working with the digital partners organizations.
- Works closely with all A&C service lines to understand business requirements and market needs and to facilitate cross sales opportunities.
- Recognize new markets and opportunities for new business generation and expansion.
- Responsible for ensuring all Sales Processes and Procedures are executed and followed in the region
- Proposal Development - commercial - supports, understands and presents proposal, following the A&C proposal process, learning any client concerns and establishing resolution (win/win).
- Reviews key/strategic commercial proposals to meet client needs and maximize Project Profit
- Lead and/or assist role in contract negotiation, in closing sale/executing contract
- Preparing reports showing prospect/sales volume
- Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communications with management, co-workers, clients, affiliates, vendors, and all other business contacts
- Representing Wood within industry organizations and communities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is required (eg. Sales/Marketing, Mechanical Engineering highly desired)
- 15+ years of outside sales experience in related industries primarily focused on software sales and associated services
- Professional sales experience in process industries is required, ideally with engineering consulting services.
- Must be conversant in the industrial automation market, manufacturing execution systems, and emerging Industry 4.0 technologies. Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Successful track record of closing orders in competitive market through differentiated sales
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), with the ability to communicate and build relationships from the client C-Suite to lower level decision makers. The capacity for solid oral delivery in group meetings is a must
- Ability to maintain partner relationships when partnering and competing for orders
- Able to influence, engage and motivate a diverse group of people, many without a direct reporting relationship
- Exceptional negotiation skills; must have a strong track record of negotiating low risk prime contracts and the ability to handle sensitive communications
- Demonstrated time management skills, must be organized and able to establish priorities, produce strategic planning documents, reports, and correspondence.
- A high degree of creativity and innovation needed to enhance project delivery
- Demonstrate and promote Wood's ethics and values in all business dealings
- Must be a US Citizen, or authortized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.