Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure has a career opportunity available in our Albuquerque, NM office for a Water Resources Engineer to support FEMA work and flood control projects throughout New Mexico. The position will work with team members, both locally and nationally, towards the successful completion of a variety of water resources and civil engineering projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? Are you motivated to develop a clientele for water resource services? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We provide the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a diversity of existing clients and projects. Our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated, and collaborative professionals is looking for additional talent. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and committed to quality.
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer/Practice Leader supporting our hydraulics and hydrology (hydrology/hydraulics) group.
- Work as part of a project team, and provide team leadership when asked, on the development of hydrologic and hydraulic models of open and closed systems for flood hazard mitigation analysis, risk data analysis, infrastructure planning, GIS mapping, and preparation of planning reports.
- Assist communities and regional water resource planning groups in quantifying and obtaining needed water resources and planning for impacts of climate change.
- Tasks include hydrology/hydraulics modeling for flood insurance studies to determine flood hazard areas and produce flood mapping.
- Support municipal, transportation, and other public and private infrastructure projects with hydrology/hydraulics expertise.
- Support and provide leadership for storm drainage; runoff determination; flood delineation and protection; runoff collection, channelization, and routing; stream restoration; surface water supply, and other surface water resources projects.
- Build and expand relationships with existing clients and develop new clients.
- Support small dam planning and design.
- Convey results of engineering work to other industry professionals and non-professionals by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation.
- Travel to project sites and client offices in New Mexico and surrounding states and on the Navajo Reservation. Attend public meetings with affected communities near project sites. Approximately 5% - 10% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree; MS preferred.
- New Mexico PE license or the ability to attain one within 6 months
- Minimum 7 years civil engineering experience with an emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics and water resources
- Self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPASWMM, HY-8 with GeoHMS, GeoRAS, software.
- Experience using ArcGIS.
- Experience with MicroStation/Geopak and/or AutoCAD.
- Experience with the National Flood Insurance Program and FEMA flood insurance study processes and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites and client offices in New Mexico and surrounding states and on the Navajo Reservation. Attend public meetings with affected communities near project sites. Approximately 5% - 10% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.