Skills: Design Engineer, Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Piping Design Lead is responsible for:
- Planning and managing the execution of the Piping Design Discipline project scope of work within the agreed schedule and budget
- Ensuring the quality of all Piping Design Discipline deliverables on the project as well as overseeing the overall design performed for piping systems
- Ensuring the design basis documentation for the project
(either client, Wood, or project developed) is established, up to date and clearly communicated to the Piping Design Discipline Project Staff
- Coordinating with the HOD and DTA as appropriate on technical planning and
execution, as well as QA/QC, lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Ensuring this discipline guideline is appropriately implemented on projects under their supervision
- Coordinate delivery of piping design deliverables .
- Review 3D model and/or 2D piping package to confirm adherence to Wood and Client standards & procedures. Utilise 3D design software tools as appropriate.
- Performs periodic overall model reviews to assure level of content. Reviews for overall completeness, general safety issues, access and egress, materials handling scheme is being adhered to, maintenance and operability, etc.
- Ensures the project piping team is meeting the requirements for formal and informal Engineering/Client 3D model review(s) as per Wood /Client procedures.
- Work with 3D CAD Coordinator to assure that project is closed out properly upon completion.
- Liaison with and reporting to Project Management and Client.
Skills / Qualifications
- Min must have an engineering certificate in Mechanical Design and 3D Model.
- 10+ years in piping design and drafting experiences in offshore oil and gas industry.
- Design working experiences with at least two similar central processing platforms.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.