Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Worley is currently looking for an Offshore Wind Business Development Director to be based in one of our European offices on a permanent basis.
Responsible for seeking and securing contracts (project development, owner's engineering contracts, EPCI services, O&M Services) to support offshore wind customers. Worley is specifically seeking a candidate with both a strong background in managing offshore wind development/execution/operations activities and a proven track record winning offshore wind contracts. This position will be Customer-facing, with significant opportunities for leadership and autonomy in the day to day management of proposals, Customer strategies, and projects geared towards their technical expertise.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Responsible for EMEA Offshore Wind business development activities, identifying opportunities in the market, leveraging current relationships and growing new relationships with key customers, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs
- Required to lead multidisciplinary proposal efforts and RFP responses, which may require inputs from a variety of technical teams. Excellent skills in crafting value propositions, planning staff resourcing, and coordination are a must. Commercial acumen and mindset to alternative commercial offerings are a must.
- Interfacing with and motivating project team members from multiple technical disciplines and departments, employing technical acuity, knowledge, and imparting experience to effectively communicate scopes and critical project success factors independently.
- Participating in industry events, conferences, and Customer meetings, as well as local and global internal projects related to Worley's offshore wind business.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the offshore wind industry required
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of offshore wind technology components, asset lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision-makers.
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the offshore wind energy industry.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience working on offshore wind energy projects.
- We are looking for a self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and have the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must!
- Excellent project management skills are required, and project management professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time, including domestic and international
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential