Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're powering them, too. We're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future-today.Position Summary
We're seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer, with Energy & Power expertise, to join our team in Fort Worth, TX. You'll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry to provide leadership and apply it to solving today's challenges.
Bring your background in central utility (chilled water, steam, hot water, etc) plant and utility distribution design and master planning to Jacobs. Core competencies of equipment selection, heat and mass balance calculations, hydraulic system modeling, development of process and instrumentation diagrams, pipe stress modeling and design, cost estimating and life cycle cost analysis, will bring the client's overall project into focus.
You will provide the leadership on a technical team providing solutions.
You will have the opportunity to mentor junior team members, discovering and learning what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward.Qualifications:Here's What You'll Need:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- At least 20 years design experience
- Previous MEP design firm experience
- Ability to solve unique and complex problems to deliver superior value to district energy clients
- Experience with commercial or industrial chillers and cooling towers
- Experience with steam plant equipment (boilers, de-aerators, make-up water and blow-down systems, etc.)
- Experience with co-generation equipment including reciprocating engine generators, combustion turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators or steam turbine generators
- Experience with air emission control systems
- Experience with water treatment systems
- Field experience collaborating with contractors to build, start-up and commission utility plant equipment and systems
- Availability for part-time travel to client sites across the US
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.