The Business Development Manager will focus on building new and existing relationships within the energy storage markets together with the ENGIE Distributed Solar ("EDS") development team by leveraging ENGIE EPS' battery storage engineering and design expertise and by deploying ENGIE EPS' in-house inverter technology.
What you'll do:
The Business Development Manager will be in charge of supporting the ENGIE Distributed Solar team in originating and developing battery storage and solar projects in the North American market by drawing on energy technology & engineering expertise.
In addition to the origination, negotiation and execution of off-take deals, this individual will also assist with project development related efforts, analyzing project pricing, and ensuring that financial models are in accordance with the legal terms/structure of the deals. The Business Development Advisor will also work on the development and execution of the recently awarded 50MW solar and 300MWh battery storage project in Guam, and the 60MW solar and 240MWh battery storage project in Hawaii, which ENGIE Distributed Solar and ENGIE EPS had bid for jointly.
- Originates solar and / or battery storage project opportunities in front of the meter for utility customers
- Drafts and oversee the bids/response to RFPs alongside C&I RES support team;
- Supports EDS development team by drawing on energy and storage expertise in originating new opportunities for the Group in the North American market
- Supports EDS development team in the Power Purchase Agreement negotiations and battery performance definition
- Supports or leads C&I RES in client meetings and contractual documentation negotiations for the recently awarded battery storage projects in Guam and Hawaii
- Supports EDS in Guam for client meetings, site development work and negotiations related to the battery storage system developed and supplied by ENGIE EPS
- Prepares materials on ENGIE's Unique Selling Points and main competitive advantages to be presented in client pitches, proposals and for internal Group competitiveness reviews
- Aids overall business development by working with EDS to jointly assess opportunities
- Is a subject matter expert for ENGIE EPS in-house technology, business development models and main technological features
- Demonstrates cross-disciplinary competencies
- Builds external relationships
- Possesses exceptional technical, communication and analytical skills
- Exhibits high attention to detail and client follow up
What you bring:
- Bachelor's in Business, Finance, Environmental Science or related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in energy
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in renewable energy including exposure to storage projects
- Experience operating with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience using CRM tools
- Travel up to 35%
- Fluent in Italian
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Nov 12, 2020