Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
To oversee and coordinate the quality assurance improvement and sustainability engineering activities to ensure quality processes are used to deliver quality products.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct metallurgical testing to ensure customer and API quality requirements met.
- E nsure that current processes and process changes do not negatively affect metallurgical properties.
- Generate and analyze reports for management reviews, including field failure reports received from customer and internal failure analysis teams.
- Participate in the development and revision of manuals, procedures, work instructions, and forms.
- Assist in the investigation, root-cause analysis, and issuance of corrective/preventive actions on product defects and failures.
- Represent quality in continuous improvement teams.
- Visit customers and suppliers as necessary to consult on specific product quality related problems.
- Provide day-to-day support for production related activities, including the coordination and liaison with Third Party Inspectors (TPIs) and documentation group.
- Review orders, engineering specifications and work order routings for inclusion of special quality requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that standard and customer specific quality plans are adhered to.
- Train appropriate personnel on quality procedures, tools, systems, and auditing methodology as required.
- Perform internal and supplier audits to requirements.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with metallurgical background preferred or equivalent in a technical discipline.
- F amiliar with mechanical testing such as tensile, hardness, charpy, etc.
- Experience with high strength low-alloy steel heat treatment processes.
- Good understanding of steel microstructural properties.
- Knowledge of API / ISO quality standards Q1 and 9001.
- Computer literate and have effective communications skills.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry specifications (i.e. NIST, API, ASTM)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and quality improvement techniques.
- A bility to read, understand and comprehend Quality Plans.
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher.
- Experience in steel mill, tubing mill or forging/casting operation.