various locations, Netherlands
various locations, Netherlands
Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: various locations, Netherlands
John Wood Group plc in the Netherlands, is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. Wood designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs more than 55,000 people in over 60 countries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting a Commercial Soil & Groundwater Consultant at either Associate Director or Technical Director level to support our team. The new position focuses on Commercial-Industrial and Oil & Gas sector clients as well as the US Department of Defense in the Benelux area (Arnhem & Brussels).
Day to Day Activities / Key Responsibilities
- Wider Business Development role in the Benelux - work with our established business to develop and win E&IS opportunities on their projects. Work with our O&G and IC Sector leads to target other customer opportunities
- Establish and grow a remediation business in the Benelux - using existing partnering relationships as interim delivery method whilst building the team
- Work with the service line leads to help grow the business in the Benelux
- Will take on role of Remediation Lead in the Benelux as part of the wider Remediation Service Line in Europe, which will involve mentoring and coaching junior staff to aid their development
With Wood, you will receive a salary and benefits that meet market standards and have the opportunity to work in a diversified international company with strong growing ambitions. With this position you will be part of a dynamic client focused team in a supportive environment.
Skills / Qualifications
Due to the nature of the role, excellent written and spoken language skills in both Dutch/Flemish and English are essential. Whilst French and Italian language skills would be advantageous, they are not essential
Skills / Experience
- Class B driving license
- Has undertaken team/staff management before
- Soil and groundwater background with extensive consulting experience delivering projects to multinational clients in the Benelux and other geographies
- Fully familiar with relevant legislation for soil and groundwater in the Benelux and ideally knowledge of and relationships with some key regulators
- Skills, expertise and demonstrable track record of client facing Business
- Track record of delivery of complex remediation projects on time, budget and to client satisfaction
- Technical experience of delivery of complete lifecycle of S&GW projects from phase 1 through to remediation execution - some expertise in process based remediation technologies
- Development activities: developing key relationships, understanding of and experience of client account management, some existing relationships with key MSA type clients
- Knowledge and experience of any wider E&I service areas- i.e. permitting, EIAs, any engineering experience etc
- Knowledge of and relationships with some key remediation contractors
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject
This role will require travel around the Benelux and potentially wider Europe / Middle East
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.