Skills: Civil Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical EIT to join our team in Edmonton, AB.
- Undertake geotechnical investigations
- Project management of assignments that may include the conducting and coordinating of a wide variety of geotechnical investigations, their design that may include routing studies, stability assessments, heavy industrial foundations, dams, mining, tunneling or geo-environmental projects
- Maintain and develop client relationships
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in geotechnical, geological, or civil (materials) engineering from an accredited post secondary institution
- Masters degree an asset
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng.
- Preferred 1-3 years industry experience since graduation in providing practical geological/geotechnical engineering services relevant to a variety of projects (petrochemical, transportation, civil municipal, commercial development, resource industries, utilities, building structures)
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Ability and desire to build and supervise in a challenging local/regional market consulting practice
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.