Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood's Saskatchewan Operations is looking to hire a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in either our Regina or Saskatoon offices. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will play a key role in the continued growth of the business through project delivery and support for proposal development.
You will be highly involved in supporting the growth of our Geotechnical group and providing senior level guidance and direction in a variety of technical areas such as tailings facilities, mine waste, slope stability, earthen dams, infrastructure and commercial/industrial development.
This role allows you to join a world leader in engineering, get working on exciting projects and determine your next steps: stay technical, or develop your leadership capability. That's the flexibility of Wood.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continue the ongoing development of the Geotechnical team through supporting and encouraging technical upgrading and providing direction and mentorship on complex issues and field investigations;
- Manage and/or review projects from the proposal stage through to completion, including allocation of budgets, personnel and resources, billing and client relationships;
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Lead and actively pursue new business and project opportunities;
- Maintain and develop client relations;
- Maintain technical proficiency, including participation in professional practice groups and organizations;
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence;
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of training programs;
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work;
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments and Wood offices on project related work; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering; a post graduate degree is an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience and demonstrated management of projects related to geotechnical investigations and design;
- Current registration (or eligible for immediate registration) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS);
- Demonstrated ability developing excellent customer relationships, positive staff working environments and developing new business opportunities;
- Project Management skills are necessary, with an ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules;
- Experience with tailings facilities, mine waste, slope stability, earthen dams a definitive asset;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Familiarity with Materials Testing would be an asset; and,
- Ability to travel to sites as needed;
Geography and Lifestyle
Saskatchewan is home to very unique features and ecosystems, and is well known for world-class outdoor adventures. It boasts a multicultural population and an array of urban experiences to explore, combining a modern energy with unmistakable prairie hospitality. Most importantly, it encourages a strong work-life balance, with many family-friendly festivals and several lakes and urban and provincial parks nearby.
In either office location, you are only hours away from a range of prairie grasslands, sand hills, wetlands, lakes, rivers, bogs and forests. Outdoors and urban enthusiasts alike will find a multitude of activities to keep themselves busy.
For more information about Saskatchewan, visit: http://www.tourismsaskatchewan.com/
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.