Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Wood has a career opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our Kennesaw, GA, Nashville, TN or Miami, FL team. Will perform the Project Accounting function including interacting with Engineering Operations Project Managers to ensure accurate and timely accounting processes. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of related work experience and has great communication and customer service skills. If you are is seeking challenging work and are committed to quality, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Experience working with an Engineering/Consulting firm is preferred but not required.
Kennesaw, GA; Nashville, TN; or Miami, FL
- Process billing in accordance with client requirements, within the currently established procedures, and the timelines of our Service Level Agreement. Verify that all charges billed to the client can be supported with original input documents (i.e. all hours invoiced to a project must be supported by a signed approved timesheet, etc.). When necessary, Project Accountants are responsible to pull any required invoice backup in order to issue an invoice in a timely manner.
- Ensure all data entry documents received are verified and entered into the accounting system weekly based on current data entry procedures and timelines.
- Review and approve Electronic Project Information Forms (ePIF) on a daily basis, as per our current Service Level Agreement.
- Complete any budget changes and variance adjustments as needed and as per "Month End Schedule". Requests for changes from Operations are expected to be completed within 24 hours, as per our current Service Level Agreement.
- Provide support in the preparation of month end financial reports, including reviewing of projects, A / R and WIP accounts. Providing information and assistance in the preparation of month end financial analysis and comments.
- All manual adjustment entries, such as DB or CR notes, manual transfers, or manual invoices, must be approved by direct supervisor prior to entry into the accounting system. Requests for these items are expected to be completed within 2 working days, as per our current Service Level Agreement.
- If applicable, complete Time & Cost reports for assigned divisions and submit back to the Payroll Dept. by noon on scheduled "pay weeks".
- Review WIP and A/R bi-weekly for accuracy issues and WIP for aging issues for divisions you are responsible to bill. Seek assistance from Unit & Project Managers where necessary, and immediately report to direct Supervisor any problem projects or issues.
- Provide assistance, financial information, and training to Operations staff as required. This would include training on the company intranet system, the understanding and communication of policies and procedures, and assistance with financial information.
- Work with Operations to enhance the flow of information to the Project Accounting team. Notify Project Accounting Supervisor of any issues related to flow, including prebill reports not being returned in a timely fashion.
- Maintain communications with PM's, and Unit Managers regarding Project Accounting function and changes that may impact their work
- Provide input and support to the development and implementation of new initiatives to improve Project Accounting processes
- Actively participate as member of North American Project Accounting Team.
- Actively manage horizontal relationships between the various Operations, Accounting and Project Accounting groups
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years related work experience
- Experience working with an Engineering / Consulting firm preferred
- Accounting certificate / diploma an asset
- Self-starter with friendly customer service skills
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.