Skills: Regulatory Compliance, Civil Construction
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking Construction Inspection Contractors (CICs) to provide on-site compliance inspections and monitoring for a solar development project during pre-construction, construction, and reclamation activities.
Work Location : Las Vegas, NV
Key Responsibilities :
The CICs facilitate compliance with project requirements, based on the developer's construction commitments to regulatory agencies. Although the CICs will report directly to the federal regulatory authority, the CICs will also coordinate with the developer and its construction and environmental contractors daily concerning areas that may need improvement and/or the resolution of any non-compliance issues as they may arise.
Skills / Qualifications
Role Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years related work experience
- Strong technical reading and writing skills for project-related documents and daily/weekly reporting
- Timely and tactful email and phone correspondence with project-related personnel and federal land management agencies
- Experience with construction site inspections and recognizing / communicating potential compliance issues
- Experience with Samsung tablets and Fulcrum application
- Knowledge of the Endangered Species Act (as related to Mojave desert tortoise), Migratory Bird Treaty Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Clean Water Act, etc.
- Experience and/or knowledge of biological monitoring and surveying
- Experience with Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) implementation and reporting
- Ability to safely work long hours outdoors during potentially inclement weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, rain and wind)
- Responsible off-road driving experience on hazardous dirt roads shared with large construction equipment
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.