Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Utility Coordinator Specialist to join our team in Georgia.
Georgia - Statewide
Key Responsibilities :
- Under limited supervision compose/support GDOT's Permitting Program though updating the Departments current GUPS program. Provide Training and support to the State Utilities office personnel as required. Provide oversight/support of Wood's (SUE) Subsurface utility Engineering program
- Guide and provide oversight/support updating GDOT's electronic permitting program (GUPS)
- Compose/develop and provide training in support of GDOT Districts and State Utilities Offices
- Provide QCQA support/guidance of Wood's subsurface utility engineering program
- Performs analyses for complex engineering and environmental projects. Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge, and project management
- Responsible for making correct interpretations of findings and recognizes and identifies inconsistent or inappropriate results; knows how and when to apply standard practices and techniques to unusual situations; knows when to consult with project manager and/or other appropriate more senior-level technical professionals regarding how to resolve a problem, respond to a question or take an action that is appropriate
- Motivates trains and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for managing large tasks with review by the project manager (if not the incumbent) or appropriate more senior-level technical professional; develops project strategy and scope, perhaps in conjunction with more senior personnel; develops realistic budget and is accountable for them; provides review of project deliverables
- Manages and communicates results, budget and schedule information to the client, project manager and appropriate operations management
- Represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives.
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Understands, applies and oversees safety requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- 10+ years of Transportation/Utility Coordination experience
- Extensive knowledge of GDOT's Utility Accommodation Policy & Standards manual, guidelines and procedures, Roadway and Utility construction and/or Utility design experience a plus
- Significant knowledge of and experience with industry specific software (e.g., MSOffice, Word, Excel and GUPS) utility permitting software is preferred (i.e.)
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment, initiative and client relations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.