Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Do you have a wide range of experience, but having trouble seeing your career advance with your current employer?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is recruiting a CAD Engineering Technician to join our professionals and accomplish meaningful work in Durham, NC. We are looking for a self-motivated, organized thinker that can strengthen our standardization, and influence our efficiency. The position will be responsible for preparing construction documents under the direct supervision of the licensed professional engineer.
Successful candidate will be assigned to the civil engineering team in our Durham, North Carolina office as a fulltime employee. Duties include preparation of construction drawings under the direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer. Other responsibilities include establishing standardized product and gaining efficiencies in production.
- Engage in team mentoring and be mentored
- Build on existing five (5) year vision for the team and have team take ownership of the success
- Assist team with Business Development activities by 'Doing Good Work' and external sectors
- Provide technical collaboration on all projects within the group
- Remain a technical liaison for all civil work
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Demonstrated ability to complete Construction Documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil Engineering Associates degree
- 10+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated leadership in a team atmosphere
- Experience with developing CAD standard detail libraries
- Experience with establishing drawing templates for engineering related uses
- Ability to take ownership of civil engineering designs and construction documents
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to plan for team success
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong knowledge of common Civil Engineering software tools (e.g. AutoCAD and Civil 3D)
- Familiarity with MicroStation, although proficiency is not required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.